Monday, September 7, 2009

Less Than 12 Hours Until Surgery

Tomorrow morning at 7am I will be under the knife. While I have been looking forward to the surgery now that the time has come the nerves have become unsettled. I doubt I will sleep well.

The past  4 or 5 weeks I have been fortunate to be able to go to the gym about once a week to work on my entire body.Bike riding once or twice a week has kept my legs in shape although my mileage and speed have been steadily decreasing.  Where my rides were typically 60 miles I struggled through 40 this past Saturday.

In searching the internet one common theme from others who have had the surgery is they wish they had it sooner. So I decided once I knew the hip was trashed to schedule the procedure immediately. As the 7 or 8 weeks  wore on it seemed as though it has been a race to get the surgery before the hip deteriorated to where I couldn't arrive at the hospital in good shape. I think I won.

If the wifi works in the hospital I hope to give an update every day on my progress and daily for the first few weeks when I get home. I have gained valuable information from others on the internet and want to share the same.

Feel free to ask questions or make comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment