Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 14 Post Surgery Day 7 At Home

Finally reached the two week mark post surgery. One week at home. Nice and symmetrical. I was a  little lazy today except for a nice walk, with crutches around the block, of a little over half a mile. .57 of a mile for those keeping track. Since it was around the block I got a little nervous at the half way point.If I turned back or kept on going it was the same distance. Of course when I got home I needed a nap. Not that I have needed an excuse to take a nap lately. My hemoglobin registered 9 when I left the nursing facility which is a bit on the low side. I called my primary doctor and he said it would take 2 or 3 weeks to get to a more reasonable level.

I am looking forward to seeing the surgeon on Wednesday to get the stitches out and find out when I can move on to doing more activities. Like, driving, going to work, walking with  a cane, bike riding and..... never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment